- Birth Date
- 17 February 1835
- Death Date
- 17 April 1869
Griffith and Jane sailed to America in 1857 on the ship George Washington.
Griffith initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Israel Evans Company as the captain of the guard in 1857, as indicated in his reminiscence and diary.
At the end of a mission to Europe in 1868, he sailed back to America on the ship Colorado. He traveled home to Utah with the Daniel D. McArthur Company, as confirmed by Daniel Duncan McArthur’s 1868 record book.
His birth date is confirmed by the Wales Births and Baptisms records.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 33
- Returning Missionary
- "By Telegraph," Deseret Evening News, 19 April 1869.
- Early Missionary Database
- Griffith Roberts reminiscence and diary, circa 1865, 19-21.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Morgan, Evan Samuel. Diary of Evan Samuel Morgan.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wales Births and Baptisms, 1541-1907.