- Birth Date
- 14 October 1812
- Death Date
- 25 August 1890
Hofheins likely came to Utah from California with a group of discharged Mormon Battalion veterans in 1847. His name appears on the 1848 Salt Lake property list. His wife arrived in 1847.
At the end of a mission, he traveled home as Captain of a group of pioneers from Delaware and St. Louis in 1857.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Age at Departure: 44
- Company Captain
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- McCune, Henry Frederick, Autobiography and diaries, 1919-1924, fd. 1, 9-13.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 12, p. 103-5
- Richards, S. W. and Briant Stringam, 18 Aug. 1857, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 35, box 25, fd. 23.
- Sarah M. Cannon journal, 1857 May-September, Folder 1, 1857 May-September.
- Terry, Thomas Searles, Autobiography [ca. 1856], 15-16.
- Thomas S. Terry autobiography and diary, circa 1856, 1857 June-1859 December.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.