- Birth Date
- 23 July 1811
- Death Date
- 27 October 1889
Matthew McCune traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Jacob Hofheins Company in 1857. He served as captain of the guard.
He crossed the plains again in 1864 as a returning missionary from England.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 53
- Returning Missionary
- McCune, Henry Frederick, Autobiography and diaries, 1919-1924, fd. 1, 9-13.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 12, p. 103-5
- Sarah M. Cannon journal, 1857 May-September, Folder 1, 1857 May-September.
- Thomas S. Terry autobiography and diary, circa 1856, 1857 June-1859 December.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.