- Birth Date
- 8 November 1802
- Death Date
- 7 August 1868
Charles Root Dana
The Dana family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the James Pace Company in 1850. The family included Charles Dana and Margaret Kennedy, and their children Marrietta Hunzeford Dana Kinglsey and her husband Henry, Charles Carrol, Rosell Root, and George Carlos, and Charles Dana’s second wife, Susan Luce Thomas, and her sons Martin Washburn Thomas and James Moroni Thomas.
Margaret died en route and her grave is mentioned in the Hunter/Campbell letter to Brigham Young.
In 1857, at the end of a mission, Charles Root traveled home with the Jesse B. Martin Company as the Captain of the 1st Ten.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 54
- "Arrival and Latest News," Deseret News, 19 August 1857, 188.
- Charles R. Dana papers, 1847, 1859, 82-86.
- Dana, Charles Root, Autobiography, 1859, 171-76.
- Duke, Jonathan Oldham vol 1.
- Jesse B. Martin journals, 1853-1857.
- John H. Redd diary, 1850 June-August.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 9.
- McQuarrie, Lillie Mikkelsen, [Biographical sketch of Robert McQuarrie, 1962], 2-3.
- Missionary Database
- Odekirk, Margaret Elizabeth Dana, [Life Sketch], "Genealogical Surveys of L.D.S. Members," 35 vols., 22:35.
- Robert McQuarrie journals, 1854-1917, vol. 1, 6-15.