- Birth Date
- 23 June 1842
- Death Date
- 29 September 1916
Seth Austin Pymm
Seth initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Jesse B. Martin Company in 1857 as indicated in Jesse Bigler Martin’s journal. His father was the clerk of the company. Along the trail, he had the wagon wheel run over him, which resulted in a broken arm according to Robert McQuarrie’s Journal.
According to New FamilySearch/Family Tree, his family left from Liverpool, England, on the “George Washington” on 28 March 1857. According to passenger lists, he traveled with his mother, Sarah Tabberer, father, John Pymm, and his sisters, Sarah Ann and Anne P. They traveled with 817 other LDS Immigrants. They arrived in Boston on 20 April 1857.
At the end of a mission to England, he traveled home with the Andrew H. Scott Company in 1866 as reported in a Deseret News Weekly article of 17 October 1866.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 24
- Returning Missionary
- Captain A. H. Scott, accounts, 1866, in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts, 1861-1868.
- Hammer, Mary Lenora Shaw, The Story of the Life of Isaac F. Shaw , 6-14.
- Jesse B. Martin journals, 1853-1857.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Returned," Deseret News [Weekly], 17 October 1866, 365.
- Robert McQuarrie journals, 1854-1917, vol. 1, 6-15.
- Utah Death Certificates.