- Birth Date
- 7 January 1828
- Death Date
- 28 July 1902
Oliver Gaultry Workman
Oliver served in the Mormon Battalion. He initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley from California in the Jonathan H. Holmes/Samuel Thompson Company in 1848. He returned to Kanesville, Iowa where he married Susan Abigail Brown. They both appear in the 1851 Pottawattamie, Iowa census. She is in the 1856 Utah census but he is not.
At the end of a mission, Oliver traveled home with the Jesse B. Martin Company in 1857, and was the Captain of the 3rd ten.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 29
- 1851 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County
- Dana, Charles Root, Autobiography, 1859, 171-76.
- "Death of a Faithful Pioneer," Deseret Evening News , 29 July 1902, 1.
- Jesse B. Martin journals, 1853-1857.
- McQuarrie, Lillie Mikkelsen, [Biographical sketch of Robert McQuarrie, 1962], 2-3.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 222-23.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Robert Crookston autobiography, circa 1900, 16.
- Robert McQuarrie journals, 1854-1917, vol. 1, 6-15.