- Birth Date
- 22 February 1827
- Death Date
- 18 April 1894
William Goodall Young
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and is death date is confirmed by his burial record.
Initially William traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Brigham Young Company in 1848.
At the end of a mission, William traveled home as Captain of the William G. Young Company in 1857. His cousin James H. Little was also in the company. William married two women who traveled in his company after their arrival in Salt Lake, Eliza Atkinson and Martha Grainger.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 30
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- A. Milton Musser diaries, 1852-1876, Diary, 1857 May - 1857 August, 12-39.
- Amos M. Musser, “Correspondence of Elder A. M. Musser,” The Mormon, 15 Aug. 1857, 3.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- "Correspondence from the Plains," letter from Amos M. Musser to President Appleby, 16 July 1857 in Millennial Star, 26 September 1857, 620-22.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Gibbs, Eliza Dana, Autobiographical sketch, 18-19. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Musser, Amos M., 19 Aug. 1857, Fort Laramie, in "From the Plains," The Mormon , 19 Sep. 1857, 3.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 1, p. 29
- Richard Ballantyne papers, 1848-1867, 1895, Journal, 1848 May-August.
- Samuel H. B. Smith reminiscences and diary, 1856 April-1863 July, 2-4.
- Smith, Harrison Bailey, Diary
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wadsworth, George Allen, Reminiscences, .