- Birth Date
- 21 February 1810
- Death Date
- 9 December 1891
Thomas Taylor Chamberlain
Thomas, a joiner, initially traveled from England to the Salt Lake Valley in the Appleton M. Harmon Company in 1853, as indicated in John Marvin Chamberlain’s Reminiscences. He traveled with his wife, Elizabeth Jackson Chamberlain, and three sons, Richard, William Henry, and John Marvin.
At the end of a mission, he traveled home with the Horace S. Eldredge Company in 1858 as indicated in James Palmer’s Reminiscences and the Missionary Record Index. He traveled on the steam boat “Florida” to Florence (Winter Quarters), Nebraska. Once there, he waited two weeks for the Horace S. Eldredge Company to arrive. On 1 June 1858 he left for the Salt Lake Valley.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 48
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- “Appleton M. Harmon Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 29)
- Chamberlain, John Marvin, Reminiscences [c. 1925], [2-5].
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- Missionary Record Index
- Palmer, James, Reminiscences, [ca. 1884-1898], 177, 183-85.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.