- Birth Date
- 1 January 1814
- Death Date
- 1 May 1882
Initially, Jacob traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Wilford Woodruff Company in 1850, as recorded in is personal autobiography and Wilford Woodruff’s journal.
At the end of a mission to England, Jacob returned home in the Horace S. Eldredge Company in 1858, as indicated in James Palmer’s Reminiscences and the Missionary Record Index. He traveled on the steam boat “Florida” to Florence (Winter Quarters), Nebraska. Once there, he waited two weeks for the Horace S. Eldredge Company to arrive. On 1 June 1858 he left for the Salt Lake Valley.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Age at Departure: 44
- Gibson, Jacob, Autobiography.
- Gibson, Jacob, Book of the generations of Jacob Gibson 1849-1881, [43-45].
- Gibson, Jacob, Book of the generations of Jacob Gibson 1849-1881, [76-77].
- Palmer, James, Reminiscences, [ca. 1884-1898], 177, 183-85.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.