- Birth Date
- 17 January 1810
- Death Date
- 16 June 1879
Hector Caleb Haight
The Haight family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Daniel Spencer/Ira Eldredge Company in 1847. The Haight family included Hector Caleb and his wife Julia Ann, and their children Mary, Horton, and William. Hector Caleb was a Captain of Ten.
Also traveling in the Daniel Spencer/Ira Eldredge Company was Hector Caleb’s father, Caleb and his wife Sarah Aldridge Martin. Caleb’s first wife died in 1843, and he married Sarah in 1846. Two of Sarah’s “Martin” children traveled to Salt Lake in 1848.
Hector’s brother Isaac Chauncey, his wife Eliza Ann Snyder, and their children Caroline Eliza and Temperance Keturah also traveled in the company.
In 1858, Hector Caleb returned from a mission to Scandinavia with the Horace S. Eldredge Company. He was the company Chaplain and Counselor.He is referred to as "Hegth" in the Knud Svendsen journal.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 48
- Anton Jansen diaries, 1855-1875, fd. 2, 97-101.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- Church Emigration Book
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hans P. Lund journals, 1854-1880, 29.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 21 June 1847, 13.
- James Palmer reminiscences, circa 1884-1898, 177, 183-85.
- Knud Svendsen reminiscence and journal, 1856 December-1860 April.
- Missionary Record Index
- Oscar O. Stoddard journals and record book, 1856-1860; 1883.
- Spencer, Daniel, Diaries 1845-1857, vol. 2.