- Birth Date
- 4 June 1801
- Death Date
- 14 August 1889
Henry John Doremus
The Doremus family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Edward Hunter/Jacob Foutz Company in 1847. The Doremus family included Henry John and his wife Harriet Fairbanks, and their son Martha Zabriskie. Henry was a captain of ten.
At the end of a mission, Henry returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 56
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Hunter, Edward and Jacob Foutz, Letter, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 17 Aug. 1847, 5-6.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Jenson, Andrew, The Historical Record: A Monthly Periodical, vol. 5, p. 116.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 23.
- Missionary Record Index
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.