- Birth Date
- 8 February 1827
- Death Date
- About 1890
Richard Griffith Evans
Evidence from emigration and emigration records proves the Evans family traveled to Utah in 1854. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company they traveled with. The Evans family included Richard Griffith, his wife Sarah Morris, and their children Elizabeth Morris and James Morris. The family sailed from Liverpool on the Golconda on 4 February 1854 and arrived in New York on 18 March. No evidence has been found that James survived the journey across the ocean, or that he traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with his family.
Further research is needed to determine the company the family traveled with, and if James survived to travel with them to the Valley.
At the end of a mission, Richard returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Age at Departure: 31
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- "Died," Deseret News, 14 December 1859, 328.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 30.
- Missionary Record Index
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.