- Birth Date
- 23 December 1797
- Death Date
- 16 February 1874
Isaac Higbee Jr.
The Higbee family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848. The family consisted of Isaac and his daughters from his first marriage Amanda Melvina and Emma, his current wife Charlotte Woods, and their children Minerva Melinda and Hiram Cresson (Hyrum Carson). Isaac was a Captain of a Hundred and a Bishop.
At the end of a mission, Isaac returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 60
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Appleton Milo Harmon journal in Library of Congress collection of Mormon diaries, 1935-1938, 17-24.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- Charles Smith reminiscences and diary, 1842 March-1905 June, 18-21, 332.
- Elmeda Stringham Harmon in Briant Stringham and His People (1949), edited by Nathaniel George Stringham, 90-91.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Heber C. Kimball, Autobiography, circa 1842-1858, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 1:480-81.
- Joseph G. Hovey papers, 1845-1856, circa 1933, Autobiography, 1845-1856, 130-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 11.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Missionary Record Index
- Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude, vol. 2, p. 1347, and vol. 3, p. 2461
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1848 May-September.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.
- William Burton papers, circa 1837-1851, Journal, Volume 11, 1848 June-July.