- Birth Date
- 26 January 1812
- Death Date
- 18 June 1883
The Hobson family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Benjamin Gardner Company in 1852. The Hobson family included Jesse and his wife Catherine Dougherty, and their children: Lydia Ann, Alma Utillis, Miriam Elizabeth, Henry Platt, Nathan, and Jesse Daugherty.
At the end of a mission, Jesse returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Age at Departure: 46
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.
- Russell, Allen, Reminiscences.
- Thomas Bullock, letter, 22 July 1858.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.