- Birth Date
- 9 March 1813
- Death Date
- 3 February 1879
Thomas Rice King
The King family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Easton Kelsey Company in 1851. The King family included Thomas Rice and his wife Matilda Robison and their children William Rice, Culbert, John Robison, Thomas Edwin, Delilah Cornelia, Volney, and LeRoy.
The family's travel to Utah is also mentioned in the obituary of Culbert King.
At the end of a mission, Thomas returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Age at Departure: 45
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Ensign, Martin Luther, Autobiography 1897.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- King, Volney, Diaries, 1873-1922.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Obituary," Deseret News , 26 Feb. 1879, 64.
- "Patriarch King Dead," Deseret News, 16 Nov. 1909, 16.
- Thomas Bullock, letter, 22 July 1858.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.