- Birth Date
- 16 June 1803
- Death Date
- 26 February 1891
Reuben initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1850. He traveled with his brother John McBride and a nephew, Oliver. Also in this company was Reuben and John's sister Martha McBride Knight with members of her family.
Reuben helped with the 1850 census, and his name appears on pages of the census, even though he failed to enter his own name into the census. His obituary also mentions his travel to Utah in 1850.
In 1852, Reuben again traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Isaac Bullock Company, this time with his wife, Mary Ann Anderson, and children Helen Venera, Harriet Eliza, Reuben Augustus, Mary Louisa, Hyrum Roy, Emma Gerutia, John Newton, and Laura Abigail.
At the end of a mission, Reuben returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Age at Departure: 48
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 54
- Returning Missionary
- "17th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 90.
- 1850 Ohio Census, Lake County.
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1856 Utah Census, Millard County
- 1860 Utah Census, Millard County...
- 1870 Utah Census, Millard County.
- 1880 Utah Census, Millard County.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Ensign, Martin Luther, Autobiography 1897.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 30.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 110.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Orson F. Whitey, History of Utah: in Four Volumes, Volume 4 (Salt Lake City, Utah: George Q. Cannon & Sons Co., Publishers, 1904), 425-26.
- "The Death of Rueben M'Bride," Deseret News, 14 March 1891, 363.
- Thomas Bullock, letter, 22 July 1858.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.