- Birth Date
- 1 March 1826
- Death Date
- 14 June 1904
John Memorial McCrary
John initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley sometime in 1851 with his wife, Samantha Hannah Gardner, and son, William Austin. More research is needed to determine the company.
On 23 April 1857, John M. McCrary was called on a mission to Canada. At the end of that mission, he traveled home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 32
- Returning Missionary
- Brinton, David, to Brigham Young, 20 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, June 1858, 31.
- Moore, David, Writings [ca. 1860], 43.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.