- Birth Date
- 3 July 1806
- Death Date
- 30 October 1876
Evidence from newspaper and census records proves that the Pace family traveled to Utah in the 1848 Brigham Young Company. The Pace family included William and his wife Margret Nichols and their children Harvey Alexander, William Franklin, John Alma, and Parley Pratt. The Pace family is found on the 1850 Utah Federal Census. Their son Wilson Daniel Pace was a member of the Mormon Battalion and traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with James Pace as his Captain in 1847.
At the end of a mission, William returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Age at Departure: 51
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 15 Nov. 1876, .
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.