- Birth Date
- 13 July 1806
- Death Date
- 3 May 1877
Miles, his wife Elizabeth, children George, Elizabeth, Sarah, Joseph and Ellen sailed to America in 1841 on the ship Sheffield. Ellen died 1846 in Illinois.
Miles and Elizabeth were rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 26 October 1851.
The Romney family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Edward Hunter Company in 1850. The family included Miles and Elizabeth Gaskell, and their children Elizabeth, Sarah, Joseph Gaskell, Brigham, Miles Park, Hiram Thomas Gaskell, and Mary Ann.
At the end of a mission, Miles returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 51
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- Edward Hunter and Robert Campbell letter to Brigham Young, 17 July 1850.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 11.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- Missionary Record Index
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 147.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.