- Birth Date
- 2 August 1809
- Death Date
- 3 March 1875
Joseph Smith Scofield
Joseph initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847 and was part of the 3rd Company of Ten led by Phineas H. Young.
Then, at the end of his mission to England, he sailed to America on the ship Empire. Joseph returned home to Utah with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 48
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- Missionary Record Index
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.