- Birth Date
- 1 October 1829
- Death Date
- 28 June 1870
William Barker Twitchell
Evidence that William traveled to Utah between 1851 and 1853 is based on census and genealogical records. Biographical sources state that he came in 1851, but the first primary documentation of his presence in Utah is his marriage in March 1854.
At the end of a mission to Canada, William returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 28
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Brinton, David, to Brigham Young, 20 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913).
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, June 1858, 31.
- Missionary Record Index
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.