- Birth Date
- 11 April 1832
- Death Date
- 18 August 1904
Lyman Stephen Wood
The Wood family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848. The Wood family included Gideon Durphy and his wife Hannah Daley, and their children Lyman Stephen, Electra, and Elizabeth. Lyman was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 26 April 1852.
At the end of a mission to the United States, Lyman returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
- Age at Departure: 16
- Age at Departure: 26
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Biographical and Historical Sketches in the Life of Lyman Stephen Wood.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- "Death of L. S. Wood," The Salt Lake Herald , 19 Aug. 1904, 3.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 33.
- Lyman S. Wood autobiographical sketch, 1901, 55-58.
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- Portrait, Genealogical and Biographical Record of the State of Utah (Chicago: National Historical Record Co., 1902), 493-494.
- Portrait, Genealogical and Biographical Record of the State of Utah (Chicago: National Historical Record Co., 1902), 493.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.