- Birth Date
- 3 January 1824
- Death Date
- 5 June 1898
Brigham Hamilton Young
The Young family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Jedediah M. Grant/Joseph B. Noble Company in 1847. The Youngs included Brigham Hamilton and his wife Cedenia Clark and their daughter Seraph Cedenia.
In 1856, he traveled with the Abraham O. Smoot Company as a company officer.
At the end of a mission, Brigham returned home with the John W. Berry Company in 1858.
In 1860, he traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as Captain of the Brigham H. Young Freight Train.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 32
- Age at Departure: 34
- Age at Departure: 35
- Company Captain
- "Another Pioneer Called Home," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 7 June 1898, 5.
- "Brigham H. Young," Deseret Evening News 7 June 1898, 2.
- Bullock, Thomas, [Letter], Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 20 December 1856, 811-13.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Burton, Richard F., The City of the Saints, and Across the Rocky Mountains to California , 137-38.
- Eliza R. Snow journals, 1846-1951.
- George Goddard papers, 1855-1899, Journals, Volume 2, 1857 April-1858 July.
- Grant, Caleb, [Report], Dec. 12, 1856, in Journal History, 9 Nov. 1856, 31-35.
- Heart Throbs of the West, vol. VIII, p. 332
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 September 1860, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 29.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, June 1858, 31.
- Missionary Record Index
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.
- Young, Brigham H., Autobiographical sketch, 1847, 3-11.