- Birth Date
- 16 February 1840
- Death Date
- 7 August 1933
Jane is the daughter of Edwan Carter and Mary Ann Stockdale Carter Harris. She emigrated from England in 1856, with her mother and siblings. They sailed on the Thornton, and arrived in New York on 14 June. Her family stayed in New York to save up money to go West. While they were there, Jane married William Morton Harris in 1858. Jane and her husband went ahead of her family in 1859 with the Rowley Company. They had their first child, Charles, while crossing the plains.
After William passed away, Jane married William M. Robbins. Her surname on her tombstone is "Robbins."
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Harris, Mary Jane. History of Jane Carter Harris Robbins, 1918.
- Henry Hobbs journal, 1859 May-1860 July.
- John Young Smith diary, in Ila May Fisher Maughan, Joseph McKay-Martha Blair: Their Progenitors, Posterity and Lineal Lines-A Documented History, 1135-1967 (1967), 41-48.
- "Latter Day Saints' Immigration," Deseret News, 24 August 1859, 197.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America