- Birth Date
- 18 June 1844
- Death Date
- 15 October 1938
In 1848, the Holman family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. The family included James Sawyer and his wife, Naomi Roxania LeBaron, and their children, Harriet Naomi, James Alonzo, Sarah Melissa, Susan Adaline, Sanford, and Silas William.
- Age at Departure: 3
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- “Daughters of Pioneers To Hold Meeting Friday,” Salt Lake Telegram, 27 December 1930, 7.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Holbrook, Joseph, History of Joseph Holbrook 1977, 59-60.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 524
- “Pioneer of ’48 Relives Past on 91st Birthday,”
- “Pioneer of ’48 Succumbs Here,” Salt Lake Telegram, 17 October 1938, 4.
- Utah Death Certificates.