- Birth Date
- 4 June 1817
- Death Date
- 5 January 1864
Some conflicting information in "Pioneer Pathways" (5:299) indicates that he came in the Heber C. Kimball company. In his autobiography he states "we left the Horn River on the first of June and landed in Great Salt Lake Valley on the 23rd of September, 1848."
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Houston, James, Autobiography, 4, in [Houston family histories n.d.].
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 6.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database