- Birth Date
- 4 February 1812
- Death Date
- 16 October 1898
John, his wife Charlotte and children John Jr., Robert and Joseph sailed to America in 1854 on the ship Clara Wheeler. A son Thomas is also listed on the ship. Not sure where he died.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his son's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Andrew Jenson, "Marcroft, John," and "Marcroft, Charlotte," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia: A Compilation of Biographical Sketches of Prominent Men and Women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Volume 2 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 421-422.
- Find a Grave
- "Latter Day Saints' Immigration," Deseret News, 24 August 1859, 197.
- "Pioneer Resident Dies After 64 Years in Utah," Salt Lake Telegram , 10 Dec. 1923, .
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.