- Birth Date
- 4 February 1812
- Death Date
- 16 October 1898
John, his wife Charlotte and children John Jr., Robert and Joseph sailed to America in 1854 on the ship Clara Wheeler. A son Thomas is also listed on the ship. Not sure where he died.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his son's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 2:421.
- "Latter Day Saints' Immigration," Deseret News, 24 August 1859, 197.
- "Pioneer Resident Dies After 64 Years in Utah," Salt Lake Telegram , 10 Dec. 1923, .
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.