- Birth Date
- 3 December 1842
- Death Date
- 19 November 1926
Marcus Espersen Funk
Son of Diderik and Christine Madsen Hansen Funk. The family crossed the Atlantic on the ship Tuscarora in 1857. His birth and death dates are confirmed by his death certificate.
He was listed as "Mark Funk," in William Preston 1864 Company records, and his travel to Utah is also confirmed by his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 16
- Age at Departure: 21
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- "Captain William B. Preston, memorandum book, 1864," Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868.
- Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifests, 1864.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- "Former Bishop of Washington Passes Away at Trenton," Washington County News, 25 November 1926, 4.
- “Freight Manifests, 1864, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Freight manifests, 1861-1868, p. 12-31. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 4)
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America