- Birth Date
- October 1826
- Death Date
John Hardingham Gordon
and family; secretary of the company
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1870 Utah Census, Tooele County.
- Brown, James S., Giant of the Lord: Life of a Pioneer , 415-22.
- Brown, James Stephens, Reminiscences and journals, 1857–1900, 12 p.
- Gordon, John H., Report, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 29 Aug. 1859, 2-3.
- "Latter Day Saints' Immigration," Deseret News, 24 August 1859, 197.
- Smith, Edward Whitfield, Autobiographical sketch, 5-6.
- Trail diary, Captain James Brown's wagon company, 1859 June-August, 9.