- Birth Date
- 19 August 1821
- Death Date
- 5 July 1883
Soren Peter Guhl
Soren, his wife Kjerstine and children Nephine and Andrea sailed from Denmark to America in 1859 on the ship William Tapscott. His mother Maren is also listed on the ship. Not sure where she died.
Their surname is spelled "Gahl" on the 1860 Utah census.
Evidence that he came in 1859 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records. His death date is confirmed by his obituary. He fell away from the Church and joined the Morrisite movement.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Adams, Marilyn Sue, e-mail communication, 13 Sep. 2010.
- "Death of Dr. Guhl," Nonpareil [Council Bluffs, Iowa], 7 July 1883, 8.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- "Lars Christian Peterson, Pioneer of Hyde Park, One of Few Remaining Pioneers Has an Interesting Journal," Logan Republican, 10 August 1915, 6.
- "Latter Day Saints' Immigration," Deseret News, 24 August 1859, 197.
- Pedersen, Lars Christian, Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1919], 3-4.
- Twelfth Quorum of Seventies, Minutes, vol. 1, 16, in Seventies Quorum, Records, CR 499, reel 36.