- Birth Date
- 10 April 1850
- Death Date
- 14 July 1941
Early records show her given name as "Maren," but later in life she was known as "Mary."
Her obituary states that she came to Utah in 1857 at age eight, but she was nine years old when the family sailed to America in 1859. The obituary is correct in saying that they traveled to Utah with the Neslen company
The family sailed to America in 1859 on the ship William Tapscott. The family consisted of: father, Lars, mother: Maren, and children: Johanna Marie, Johanne, Maren, Martine and Mauritz.
The ship manifest shows their surname as "Mauritzen."
- Age at Departure: 9
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Idaho Census
- 1910 Utah Census.
- 1920 Utah Census.
- 1930 Utah Census.
- “Death Claims Mrs. Jensen,” Salt Lake Telegram, 15 July 1941, 21.
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- European Mission, [Emigration records, Scandinavian Mission] 1852-1920.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Parish Register of Vrejlev, Hjorring, Denmark.
- Salt Lake County, Utah Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.