- Birth Date
- 8 November 1795
- Death Date
- 12 June 1877
According to the Camp of Israel schedules and reports, he was originally going to travel to Utah with the 1848 Brigham Young Company, but was not able to go due to a lost oxen. The October 20, 1848 Journal History account says that he departed for Salt Lake City October 12th with Allen Compton, James Casto, and John Smith, leaving his family at Council Bluffs, to carry mail to Salt Lake. According to the 30 November 1848 Journal History record, they arrived in Salt Lake City on November 30th. (See his obituary, too.)
Ezekiel purchased property in Salt Lake in 1848.
In 1849 he returned to Council Bluffs with several others to assist his family in their journey to Utah in 1850.
His name is listed as "Ezekil Lee" on the 1870 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Age at Departure: 54
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Companies of 10, schedules, 1848," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 11 December 1849, 2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 October 1848, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1848, 1.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- "Obituary," Deseret News, 20 June 1877, 5.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- The First 100 Years in Woodruff, p. 317-20.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.