- Birth Date
- 16 January 1804
- Death Date
- 13 November 1877
Phillip Bessom Lewis
His travel to Utah is also mentioned in the article regarding Elvira S. Barney.
Phillip returned from a mission to Hawaii in 1855, spent the winter in California and then traveled from San Bernadino, California with John Robinson and William Tait for Utah, leaving that place on 15 February 1856.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Age at Departure: 51
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 3:671-72.
- John Pulsipher journal and autobiography in Cache Valley historical material, circa 1955. Reel 4, Item 88, 33-46.
- Lewis, Philip B., to George A. Smith, 27 Aug. 1865, , in Missionary reports, 1831-1900.
- Lyman, Edward Leo, Susan Ward Payne, and S. George Ellsworth, eds., No Place to Call Home: The 1807-1857 Life Writings of Caroline Barnes Crosby, Chronicler of Outlying Mormon Communities , 390-91.
- Mosiah L. Hancock autobiography, undated.
- Phillip Bessom Lewis autobiographical sketch in 12th Quorum biographies, 1844-1894, volume 1 in Seventies Quorum records, 1844-1975.
- "Woman's Tribute to Dr. Elvira S. Barney," Deseret News, 16 Jan. 1909, 25.