- Birth Date
- 18 April 1829
- Death Date
- 18 November 1897
Although William's wife and children were not listed on the company roster, other company sources and secondary sources indicate that they traveled with him to Utah in Robison's Handcart Company.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- "Arrival of the First Handcart Company," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 20 October 1860, 668-69.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1138.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 18.
- "Local News: Names of Emigrants," The Mountaineer, 18 August 1860, 206.
- Mark H. Forscutt letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1860.
- "Morgan County Settler Expires," Ogden Standard-Examiner, 19 July 1927, 10.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 360.
- Stoney, Robert, Reminiscences and diary, 1860 June-August.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Wright, George, [Letters], in Suzanne Vaughan, "Immigration of George Wright from Liverpool, England to Salt Lake City, Utah 1860," 20-23.