- Birth Date
- 9 September 1838
- Death Date
- 14 December 1919
John Lebrecht Baer
His name was listed as "Labrecht Bar" in the Mormon Migration Database. On the company roster he was listed as "Sebrath Bar." His name appears as a member of the Morrisite group in 1862.
His name is spelled "Bear" on Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Baer, Johann Lebrecht, Autobiography [ca. 1908], 17-18.
- Bagley, John, Reminiscences, in Edith Parker Haddock and Dorothy Hardy Matthews, comp. History of Bear Lake Pioneers , 53.
- Bear, John L., "Autobiography of Elder John L.Bear," in Journal of History (Lamoni, Iowa: Board of Publication of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, January, 1911), 4:80-82.
- Emigration list for Spring, 1860, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 24.
- "Local News: Names of Emigrants," The Mountaineer, 18 August 1860, 206.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.
- Young, Richard W. "The Morrisite War," The Contributor 11, no.2 (June 1890): 283-34.