- Birth Date
- 16 January 1831
- Death Date
- 11 May 1914
His given name is "James" in Perpetual Emigrating Fund, General Files and the immigration list. His surname on the 1860 Underwriter ship manifest is listed as "Furiman."
The family's travel to Utah in 1860 is also mentioned in his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- Emigration list for Spring, 1860, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 22.
- Loosli, Ulrich, [Letter], in Carter, Kate B., Our Pioneer Heritage (Salt Lake City: Daughters of Utah Pioneers, 1968), 11:248-250.
- Loosli, Ulrich, History of Ulrich Loosli, 1-4. (Trail excerpt from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- "Pioneer Dies at Providence," Logan Republican, 12 May 1914, 1.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.