- Birth Date
- 12 November 1831
- Death Date
- 20 November 1915
Winter Hastings Sr.
Winter came with his wife Mary and 4 children Winter Jr., Mary, George and Kezia on the ship, Underwriter in 1860. Their names definitely appear on the overland company records, but they also appear in Nebraska at the time of the 1860 census, enumerated on 15 August 1860, which was two months after the company left Florence, Nebraska. It is possible that the family left the company mid-route and returned to Nebraska. Either way, they ended up in Utah because their son, George, died there in 1864.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- 1841 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 Nebraska Census.
- 1870 Illinois Census
- "Died," Zion's Ensign, 2 December 1915, 7.
- Emigration list for Spring, 1860, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 22.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 357.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.