- Birth Date
- 21 October 1831
- Death Date
- 16 April 1901
John Kaspar Loosli
His given name is "John C." in Journal History; from Switzerland; surname was changed to "Loosle" after arriving in the United States. He is referred to as "Hans Kaspar" in the English translation of his brother Ulrich's letter.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- Emigration list for Spring, 1860, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 22.
- Loosli, Ulrich, [Letter], in Carter, Kate B., Our Pioneer Heritage (Salt Lake City: Daughters of Utah Pioneers, 1968), 11:248-250.
- Loosli, Ulrich, History of Ulrich Loosli, 1-4. (Trail excerpt from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.