- Birth Date
- 20 May 1831
- Death Date
- 3 January 1874
He was listed as "John Stanfer," on the company roster. He traveled with his brother, Friedrich Stauffer, to Utah. More research is needed to confirm John's birth and death dates. Frank Esshom's book, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, incorrectly states that John came to Utah in 1862.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- “Emigration list for Spring, 1860.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862, image 11-18. (Roster)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1182.
- "Local News: Names of Emigrants," The Mountaineer, 18 August 1860, 206.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189. (Roster)
- Utah, Wills and Probate Records, 1800-1985.