- Birth Date
- 24 June 1811
- Death Date
- 30 September 1897
William, his wife Mary, children Eliza, Phoebe, Hyrum, William and Mary came from England in 1855 on the ship William Stetson.
His birth date is confirmed by Sugar House Ward records at the time of his re-baptism (17 March 1861). More research is needed to confirm William's death date.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Emigration list for Spring, 1860, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 22.
- "Local News: Names of Emigrants," The Mountaineer, 18 August 1860, 206.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 356.
- Sugarhouse Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.