- Birth Date
- 4 November 1795
- Death Date
- 12 April 1876
He was the man who baptized Brigham Young.
Captain of Fifty
Eleazer's son William may have traveled to Utah with him, but a primary source is needed to confirm that. William's name is now included in the 1847-1868 Unknown Companies listing.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- Curtis E. Bolton reminiscences and journals, 1846-1853, "Patriarchal blessing, journal, and poems, 1838-1866," 14-15.
- Elizabeth T. Heward autobiography and journal, 1853-1860, 20-21.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Hosea Stout reminiscences and journals, 1845-1869, Volume 3, 376-79, and, Volume 4, 1-41.
- John Heward autobiography, circa 1871.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 2.
- Lorenzo Brown reminiscences and diaries, 1856-1900, Volume 1, 37-53.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1848 May-September.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.