- Birth Date
- 16 March 1820
- Death Date
- 4 August 1884
John sailed to America in 1841 on the ship Chaos.
John initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Birth date is confirmed by his burial record.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 36
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 7.
- Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 3:169-70.
- Moss, Daniel, Autobiographical sketch, in Biographical sketches 1891- , reel 50, box 52, fd. 6, item 15.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.