- Birth Date
- 9 February 1833
- Death Date
- 8 September 1891
Jens Peter Christensen
Captain of Scandinavian Division; from Denmark. Husband of Dorthea Marie Madsen Andersen Christensen. They crossed the Atlantic on the ship John J. Boyd in 1855 but remained in the east until 1860 when they crossed the plains to Utah with their children. The emigration report as shows them as crossing with Johanna and Anker Kofoed.
Birth and death dates listed were found in a personal, online family history record (such as Family Tree, Ancestry, or My Heritage), without accompanying documentation. Further research is needed to verify its accuracy.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916."
- Jenson, Andrew, History of the Scandinavian Mission.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 58, 60.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 305
- "List of the Iowa Wagon Company" in Emigration list for Spring, 1860.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.