- Birth Date
- 7 September 1823
- Death Date
- 4 December 1884
John Postles Taylor
He came on the ship George Washington in 1857 with his wife Ann, mother Nancy and children Mary, Annie and Jesse. Jessie died 1857 in Iowa.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake City.
- Annie Taylor Dee, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- "Death of an Old Resident," Salt Lake Herald, 5 December 1884, 1.
- Dee, Annie Taylor, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 18:102-3.
- Dee, Annie Taylor. Memories of a Pioneer (Salt Lake City: Utah, 1930), 10-18, 43-44.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 58.
- "List of the Iowa Wagon Company" in Emigration List for Spring, 1860. Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862, 43-46.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.