- Birth Date
- 14 November 1821
- Death Date
- August 1908
John, his wife Sarah, children Elizabeth, Lucy, Alice, Joseph and Hyrum came from England in 1855 on the ship William Stetson.
Cherrington family joined Oscar O. Stoddard company at Green River
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 42.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 356.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files (CR 376 1), 1850-1887.
- Stoddard, Oscar O., Report, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 24 Sept. 1860, 2-7.
- Stoddard, Oscar Orlando, Journals and record book, 1856-1860 and 1883, [295-307].
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189. (Roster)