- Birth Date
- 27 August 1847
- Death Date
- 27 April 1928
Sarah Ann Stennett Poppleton
Daughter of William Bannister Poppleton and Sarah Stennett. At the time of the 1860 federal census Sarah was living in Omaha, Nebraska. In Utah she married William Leigh Walters. Although the headline of her obituary says she was a pioneer of 1861 she really crossed the plains in 1860.
- Age at Departure: 12
- 1860 Nebraska Census, Omaha, Douglas County
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 39.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- "Wellsville Pioneer Woman of 1861 Is Laid at Final Rest," Deseret News, 2 May 1928, section 2, p. 4.