- Birth Date
- 15 October 1823
- Death Date
- 16 August 1883
William Bannister Poppleton
A son, George Stennett Poppleton, died in St. Louis in 1852. William's first wife, Sarah Stennett Poppleton died near St. Louis in 1855. At the time of the 1860 federal census George Bannister Poppleton and his family were living in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- 1860 Nebraska Census, Omaha, Douglas County
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 39.
- "Obituary," Utah Journal, 22 Aug. 1883, 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.