- Birth Date
- 12 June 1819
- Death Date
- 1 March 1900
John E. Reese
John E. Reese and his family emigrated to the United States in 1856 on the ship Albion. They were initially scheduled to travel with other members on the Church on the Columbia but left sooner. This information was confirmed using the New York, Passenger and Crew Lists (including Castle Garden and Ellis Island), 1820-1957, where their names appear on the Albion roster recorded after arriving to the United States, and by notes that appear on the Columbia ship records available on the Saints by Sea database.
On some records and in some search databases, their surname appears as "Reesa."
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 45.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Old Utahn Dead," Deseret Evening News , 3 Apr. 1900, 8.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189. (Roster)