- Birth Date
- 15 October 1799
- Death Date
- 17 January 1884
Thomas marched to California with the Mormon Battalion in 1846-1847. Here he re-enlisted for an additional six months service and, for part of that time, served as hospital steward in San Diego. He arrived in Salt Lake City in time to receive a parcel of land in 1849 but returned to California via the Old Spanish Trail during the winter of 1849-1850. While in the gold fields he received a call to serve a mission to the Sandwich Islands (Hawaii). He returned to Salt Lake City in 1855 with the Parley P. Pratt Company.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Age at Departure: 55
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "Arrived," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 Aug. 1855, 189.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Larson, Carl V. comp. A Database of the Mormon Battalion: An Identification of the Original Members of the Mormon Battallion (Salt Lake City: U.S. Mormon Battalion, 1997), 15.
- Missionary Record Index, 1830-1971.
- Morris, Thomas. Journal, 1849-1850.
- Pratt, Parley P., "Correspondence," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 August 1855, 192.
- Pratt, Parley Parker, Journal, 1855 Jul-1856 Mar.
- Rich, Charles Coulson. Journal, 1849 October -1851 October.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.