- Birth Date
- 9 February 1845
- Death Date
- 17 April 1908
Eliza La Mercha Tenney
Eliza traveled with her mother (Eliza Webb Tenney) brother (Warren Reed Tenney) and sister (Betsey Jane Tenney Loose) in the same company.
Eliza's surname was listed as "Tenny," in the 1860 Census.
More research is needed to confirm Eliza's date of birth. Eliza's death certificate states that she was born 2 February 1845. However, family tradition and Eliza's obituary give 9 February 1845. At this time, birth date listed reflects family tradition and data from Eliza's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1860 United States Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- "Eliza Cannon Dies: Estimable Woman Succumbs to Heart Failure After Long Fight Against Sickness." Deseret Evening News, 17 April 1908, 1.
- Emigration list for Spring, 1860.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 12.